Via – ModernSalon.com
According to CNN.com, hundreds of women nationwide are suing the manufacturer and designer of Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion 30-Day Smoothing Kit, a hair treatment product designed to smooth frizzy hair. The consumers are saying the product caused them severe hair loss and other damages.
A visit to the manufacturer’s website shows that the product has been discontinued, with a note to consumers to take an online quiz to see if the 30-Day Smoothing Kit is “right for me.”
The survery includes questions on the consumer’s hair texture, hair color, whether it is previously highlighted or “bleached,” treated with henna or metallic dyes and if it’s chemically relaxed. They also urge any “yes, this system is right for you” results to first do a strand test.
The Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion shampoo, conditioner and serum are NOT being discontinued.
- Women suing after hair loss, blaming Suave smoothing kit (fox6now.com)
- Not So Suave: Unilever Sued for a Product That Allegedly Caused Hair Damage (mediabistro.com)
- Hundreds of women sue Suave for hair loss (wtkr.com)
- Hundreds of women suing after hair loss, blaming 30-day smoothing kit (wtkr.com)
- Class Action Suit Over Suave Keratin Smoothing Kit Moves Forward (jezebel.com)
- NewVo Beauty Explains the Mystery of Keratin Complex and Why It is… (prweb.com)
- Lawsuit: They lost hair instead of curls (cnn.com)
- Hundreds of women sue Suave for hair loss, blaming 30-day smoothing kit (fox4kc.com)
- Uilever Under Fire for False Advertising; Suave Keratin Kit (abc22now.com)