Taylor Swift made a big deal about her new hair cut, and people noticed! Hair cut parties are already being requested at salons just one day after Swift’s big ‘do to-do.
Jump on board by following quick tips to host a successful haircut party like T-Swift’s, including tips from George the salon in Chicago:
- Make a big change. No one wants to go to a public showing of someone having his or her bangs trimmed. Swift chopped off her gold locks for a dramatic new look (that kind of looks like Karlie Kloss; somebody had to say it). “Sometimes big changes are difficult for us, and the support of your friends and family makes it easier to go through a drastic cut,” says George Gonzalez, owner of George the salon.
- Give back. Gonzalez suggests connecting with a local charity and donating your hair.
- Location, location, location. Create a night out at the salon or travel off-site for special occasions.
- Make it fun! Obviously, not everyone is Taylor Swift, so most haircut parties probably won’t occur after a concert in London. That doesn’t mean parties can’t feature music (Taylor Swift if you’re feeling particularly inspired), refreshments and lots of pics on social media for encouragement and style suggestions.
- Get a good crowd. Everyone was very enthusiastic at Swift’s party, and we get it: She’s Taylor Swift. But hair cut parties for less-famous individuals can be equally exciting with a decent amount of people who are looking forward to a good reveal. Plus, says Gonzalez, friends can give the extra push a client needs to go through with a big change.